The following cameras work with our software. Please make sure to download our free trial and test out your camera with our software.
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
- Canon EOS R6
- Canon EOS R5
- Canon EOS RP
- Canon EOS Ra
- Canon EOS R
- Canon EOS M6 Mark II
- Canon EOS 1D C
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
- Canon EOS-1D Mark III / EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
- Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II/Mark III, IV
- Canon EOS 5DS, 5DS R
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 7D / 7D Mark II
- Canon EOS 80D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 60D/60Da
- Canon EOS 50D
- Canon EOS 40D
- Canon EOS 77D
- Canon EOS 90D
- Canon EOS Rebel T8i / 850D / Kiss X10i
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 / EOS 250D / Kiss X10 / EOS 200D Mark II
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i / 800D / Kiss X9i
- Canon EOS Rebel SL2 / 200D / Kiss X9
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 / 250D / 200D II
- Canon EOS Rebel T6s / 760D / 8000D
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i / 750D / Kiss X8i
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 / 1300D / Kiss X8
- Canon EOS Rebel T5 / 1200d / Kiss X7
- Canon EOS Rebel T4i / 650d / Kiss X6i
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600d / Kiss X5
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 / 1100d / Kiss X50
- Canon EOS Rebel XS / 1000D / Kiss F
- Canon EOS Rebel T2i / 550D / Kiss X4
- Canon EOS 9000D / EOS 77D
- Canon EOS M50 / EOS Kiss M
- Canon EOS T7 / 2000D / 1500D / Kiss X90
- Canon EOS T100 / 4000D / 3000D
- Canon PowerShot SX70 hS
The following cameras will work but are not recommended for professional use as they have been found not to be reliable:
- Canon EOS Rebel T1i / 500D / Kiss X3
- Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D
- Canon EOS 400D/Rebel XTi (does not support Live view)
- Canon EOS 100D / SL1 (Has occasional hang up issues caused by camera).
- Canon PowerShot G7X Mark III (No AC adapter available).
- Canon PowerShot G5X Mark II (Customer reported as not working).
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i / 700D / Kiss X7i (Live View is lagging)
For mirrorless Canon cameras, if live view is working but the camera cannot record video, go to your camera's settings, Camera, HDMI info disp and set to With Info.
- Nikon Z7, Z6, Z5, Z50
- Nikon D5
- Nikon D4, D4s
- Nikon D3, D3x, D3s
- Nikon D800/D800E, D810, D810a, D850
- Nikon Df
- Nikon D700, D750
- Nikon D600, D610
- Nikon D500
- Nikon D300, D300s
- Nikon D7000, D7100, D7200, 7500
- Nikon D90
- Nikon D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600
- Nikon D3500, D3400, D3300, D3200 (Not recommended for professional use).
The following cameras will work with our software but do not support the live view functionality in our Professional Edition:
- Nikon D200
- Nikon D80
- Nikon D70, D70s
- Nikon D60
- Nikon D50
- Nikon D40, D40x
- Nikon D3100, D3000 (Not recommended).
- Nikon J1, J5
- Nikon D3
- We've had reports of the following cameras working but they're not fully supported by us. Please test with our demo version and use at your own risk: Nikon Coolpix L810, L820, L840, L830, L340, L320, L310, L210, L120, L110. Nikon Coolpix S9900, S9600, S7000, S6200, S5200, S3500, S3300, S3200, S2600. Possibly others such as Coolpix PTP cameras(untested).
Make sure your camera is set to PTP Mode.
For Nikon cameras, if live view is working but the camera cannot record video, go to your camera and if you have a photo/video mode switch (not round dial), switch it to the video mode.
Unfortunately Sony has stopped developing their Camera API so newer Sony cameras will not be supported. Support for older Sony cameras is still available on dslrBooth for Windows but is likely to be removed sometime in late 2020.
Due to WiFi interference we recommend using Nikon/Canon cameras for professional events which connect over USB.
dslrBooth also supports the large majority of webcams. Camera should support 30fps or less preferrably at 1920x1080. We recommend Logitech or Microsoft webcams.
Simply select your webcam from the top-right camera drop-down if it's not already selected. dslrBooth will automatically setup your camera to it's highest frame-rate and photo resolution for the best quality. On Windows, you can enable/disable the use of webcams under Settings > Shooting.
It is possible to use dslrBooth without directly connecting to a camera.