Unfortunately Sony has stopped developing their Camera API for Sony cameras. Support for Sony cameras is no longer available on dslrBooth for Windows and was removed in 2020.
This is an old article for archival purposes. As of dslrBooth v6 2021, Sony cameras are no longer supported.
Due to wifi interference we recommend Nikon/Canon cameras for professional events. Sony cameras cannot be used over a USB cable due to technical limitations by Sony.
- a7S II, a7R II
- RX1R II, RX10 II
- RX100 IV, RX100 III
- HX90V, HX90
- HDR-AS20, HDR-AS302, HDR-AS1002 HDR-AZ1 HDR-AS200
- QX1, DSC-QX30 DSC-QX102, DSC-QX1002
- a7, a7 II, a7R, a7S
- a77 mk2
- a5000, a5100
- a6000, a6300
- NEX-5R, NEX-5T, NEX-6
- HX60, HX80, HX400
To use a Sony Camera:
If your camera can run applications, go to PlayMemories, install the latest updated version of Smart Remote Control.
1. Run the Smart Remote Control app on your camera. Click on Connect with Password if available.
2. On your computer, connect to your camera's Wifi network using the SSID and Password you see on the screen.
3. dslrBooth will auto-connect to your camera.