The following cameras work with our software. Please make sure to download our free trial and test out your camera with our software.
Canon DSLR Cameras (USB Cable)
- Canon M50 Mark II/Kiss M II
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark III
- Canon EOS R6
- Canon EOS R5
- Canon EOS RP
- Canon EOS Ra
- Canon EOS R
- Canon EOS M6 Mark II
- Canon EOS 1D C
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
- Canon EOS-1D Mark III / EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
- Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II/Mark III, IV
- Canon EOS 5DS, 5DS R
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 7D / 7D Mark II
- Canon EOS 80D
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon EOS 77D
- Canon EOS 90D
- Canon EOS 60D/60Da, 50D, 40D* (See note below)
- Canon EOS Rebel T8i / 850D / Kiss X10i
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 / EOS 250D / Kiss X10 / EOS 200D Mark II
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i / 800D / Kiss X9i
- Canon EOS Rebel SL2 / 200D / Kiss X9
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 / 250D / 200D II
- Canon EOS Rebel T6s / 760D / 8000D
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i / 750D / Kiss X8i
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 / 1300D / Kiss X8
- Canon EOS Rebel T5 / 1200d / Kiss X7
- Canon EOS Rebel T4i / 650d / Kiss X6i
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600d / Kiss X5
- Canon EOS Rebel T3 / 1100d / Kiss X50
- Canon EOS Rebel XS / 1000D / Kiss F
- Canon EOS Rebel T2i / 550D / Kiss X4
- Canon EOS 9000D / EOS 77D
- Canon EOS M50 / EOS Kiss M
- Canon EOS T100 / 4000D / 3000D
- Canon PowerShot SX70 hS
The following cameras will work but are not recommended for professional use as they have been found not to be reliable:
- Canon EOS T7 / 2000D / 1500D / Kiss X90 - Not recommended for professional use as camera overheats.
- Canon EOS Rebel T1i / 500D / Kiss X3
- Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D
- Canon EOS 400D/Rebel XTi (does not support Live view)
- Canon EOS 100D / SL1 (Has occasional hang up issues caused by camera).
- Canon PowerShot G7X Mark III (No AC adapter available).
- Canon PowerShot G5X Mark II (Customer reported as not working).
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i / 700D / Kiss X7i (Live View is lagging)
- Canon EOS 60D/60Da, EOS 50D, EOS 40D, EOS T3 and other Canon DSLR cameras older than 2013 cannot set manual camera settings while recording video. Video will be recorded in auto exposure set by the camera. That might be fine for customers who only do photo and not video booths. Video will be recorded with the white balance set in the video settings for Canon 60D.
For mirrorless Canon cameras, if live view is working but the camera cannot record video, go to your camera's settings, Camera, HDMI info disp and set to With Info.
- Nikon Z6 II, Z7 II (No video support yet)
- Nikon Z7, Z6, Z5, Z50
- Nikon D5
- Nikon D4, D4s
- Nikon D3, D3x, D3s
- Nikon D800/D800E, D810, D810a, D850
- Nikon Df
- Nikon D700, D750
- Nikon D600, D610
- Nikon D500
- Nikon D300, D300s
- Nikon D7000, D7100, D7200, D7500
- Nikon D90
- Nikon D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600
- Nikon D3500, D3400, D3300, D3200 (Not recommended for professional use).
The following cameras will work with our software but do not support the live view functionality in our Professional Edition:
- Nikon D200
- Nikon D80
- Nikon D70, D70s
- Nikon D60
- Nikon D50
- Nikon D40, D40x
- Nikon D3100, D3000 (Not recommended).
- Nikon J1, J5
- Nikon D3
- We've had reports of the following cameras working but they're not fully supported by us. Please test with our demo version and use at your own risk: Nikon Coolpix L810, L820, L840, L830, L340, L320, L310, L210, L120, L110. Nikon Coolpix S9900, S9600, S7000, S6200, S5200, S3500, S3300, S3200, S2600. Possibly others such as Coolpix PTP cameras(untested).
Make sure your camera is set to PTP Mode.
For Nikon cameras, if live view is working but the camera cannot record video, go to your camera and if you have a photo/video mode switch (not round dial), switch it to the video mode.
dslrBooth for Windows supports shooting with GoPro models 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 for capturing 360 and other slow motion videos. The main advantage of using a GoPro is its small size and wireless connectivity as it makes for an easy set-up. We recommend the GoPro 11 or the latest model you can find available. The GoPro 8, 7, 6, and 5 are not recommended for professional use as they have connectivity random issues.
Compared to other apps, using dslrBooth with the GoPro, you get a more reliable connection, faster download speeds, better battery life and less risk of your camera overheating. dslrBooth's unique integration with GoPro automatically sets the camera resolution and framerate as needed by your video timelines. It also seamlessly connects to your GoPro's Wi-Fi connection to download captured footage while automatically connecting back to your regular Wi-Fi network to allow sharing over the internet. You also have the option of using our LumaShare companion app that runs on iPad on iPhone to allow your guests to share or play a slideshow.
Sony Cameras (Wifi)
Unfortunately Sony has stopped developing their Camera API so newer Sony cameras will not be supported. Support for older Sony cameras is no longer available on dslrBooth for Windows and was removed in 2020.
Due to WiFi interference we recommend using Nikon/Canon cameras for professional events which connect over USB.
dslrBooth also supports the large majority of webcams. Camera should support 30fps or less preferably at 1920x1080. We recommend Logitech or Microsoft webcams.
Simply select your webcam from the top-right camera drop-down if it's not already selected. dslrBooth will automatically setup your camera to it's highest frame-rate and photo resolution for the best quality. On Windows, you can enable/disable the use of webcams under Settings > Shooting.
It is possible to use dslrBooth without directly connecting to a camera.