Make sure your PC includes the following for best performance:
- Quad Core Intel Core i5 8th generation or higher highly recommended. 64 bit processor or
Quad-core AMD Ryzen 5 or greater (2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ or higher)
- RAM: 8 GB (dslrBooth will be able to run with 4 GB RAM. However, it is recommended to have 8 GB RAM because the software is optimized to take full advantage of multiple cores. These optimizations will run better with 8GB RAM)
- Graphics card that supports DirectX 12
- NVIDIA® GPU released in 2016 or later.
- Intel® integrated graphics included in quad-core Intel® Core™ i5 or higher (8th generation or higher).
- AMD® Radeon™ Graphics included in quad-core AMD Ryzen™ 5 or higher (2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ or higher) or discrete graphics card with support for DirectX 12 and at least 1 GB dedicated memory.
- AMD® GPU released in 2016 or later
- Windows 10 version 1607 or greater
- Display Resolution of 1920x1080 recommended.
- Touch screen is recommended for sharing features but not required.
- 64 bit
- AMD APU processors are problematic in working with high performance multi-threaded applications such as dslrBooth.
- ARM and ARM64 processors such as those found on Microsoft Surface X (Microsoft SQ1/SQ2 processor).
- Intel Atom, Intel Celeron, Intel Pentium and Intel Gold processors are budget processors and are too slow to keep up with the demands of processing high resolution photos from DSLR cameras.
If you have a slower PC, dslrBooth might work for you but it will slower. To get it to run a bit faster, lower your camera settings to the slowest image size and set your template to 300x300 dpi. This should speed up processing.
If you have issues with dslrBooth performance, please run the user benchmark app and email us a link to your results and we can review. We recommend a 2-Core score >= 200 and 4-Core score >= 350 for best performance.